Pre-K and Early Childhood Registration
The following items below are required for registration. Please gather these items together BEFORE beginning the application process, as these items are required to be uploaded in the application.
- Proof of Income (PreK only)
- Child’s birth certificate (If no birth certificate, please contact Student Services)
- Proof of residence in the parent/guardian’s name
- Up-to-date Louisiana immunizations record OR a Statement of Exemption from Immunizations form
Examples of acceptable verification documents:
Proof of Income (PreK Only)
- Two (2) consecutive check stubs for EACH PARENT or CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD for the current year (within 2 months from the date of filling out this application.) OR an official letter from your employer stating all of the following: Where parent/guardian is employed, the hourly rate of pay, and the average number of hours’ parent/guardian works per week.
- SNAP/Food Stamps – must include the child’s name and valid effective dates. OR a statement from the Social Security Administration verifying that the child listed on the application is a recipient of SSI benefits. SSI benefits for any other household member must be accompanied by any other income documentation, if applicable.
- Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS, if applicable.
- Families who claim zero income of any kind must submit a Statement of No Income form.
- Parents or guardians who are employed intermittently, self-employed, or who do not have tax forms, W-2 forms, check stubs, or applicable Department of Children and Family Services printouts to verify their income must submit a Declaration of Income for Irregular Employment form.
- Families in a temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship (homeless) should have their status verified using the LEA-defined procedures for verifying homeless status.
- Other: 2023 tax documentation is allowable only if no other form of income verification documentation exists. Previous tax years are not allowed.
Proof of Age
- State-issued or foreign birth certificate. (If no birth certificate please contact Student Services)
- The parent or guardian must be listed on the birth certificate (if the birth certificate is available).
- If person completing the application is NOT listed on the birth certificate, court-issued custody papers or a Non-Legal Custodian Affidavit must be submitted.
- Note: All families completing an application for PreK must be 4 years old on or before September 30, 2024.
Proof of Residence
- 2 current utility bills with the parent’s name and address OR current lease or mortgage statement.
- If the parent and child live with a family member or friend, that person is to provide verification with a letter in addition to the above items.