- Proof of Income (PreK only)
- Child’s birth certificate (If no birth certificate, please contact Student Services)
- Proof of residence in the parent/guardian’s name
- Up-to-date Louisiana immunizations record OR a Statement of Exemption from Immunizations form
Examples of acceptable verification documents:
Proof of Income (PreK Only)
- Two (2) consecutive check stubs for EACH PARENT or CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD for the current year (within 2 months from the date of filling out this application.) OR an official letter from your employer stating all of the following: Where parent/guardian is employed, the hourly rate of pay, and the average number of hours’ parent/guardian works per week.
- SNAP/Food Stamps – must include the child’s name and valid effective dates. OR a statement from the Social Security Administration verifying that the child listed on the application is a recipient of SSI benefits. SSI benefits for any other household member must be accompanied by any other income documentation, if applicable.
- Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS, if applicable.
- Families who claim zero income of any kind must submit a Statement of No Income form.
- Parents or guardians who are employed intermittently, self- employed, or who do not have tax forms, W-2 forms, check stubs, or applicable Department of Children and Family Services printouts to verify their income must submit a Declaration of Income for Irregular Employment form.
- Families in a temporary living arrangement due to loss of housing or economic hardship (homeless) should have their status verified using the LEA-defined procedures for verifying homeless status.
- Other: 2019 tax documentation is allowable only if no other form of income verification documentation exists. Previous tax years are not allowed.
Proof of Age
- State-issued or foreign birth certificate. (If no birth certificate please contact Student Services)
- The parent or guardian must be listed on the birth certificate (if the birth certificate is available).
- If person completing the application is NOT listed on the birth certificate, court-issued custody papers or a Non-Legal Custodian Affidavit must be submitted.
- Note: All families completing an application for PreK must be 4 years old on or before September 30, 2020.
Proof of Residence
- 2 current utility bills with the parent’s name and address OR current lease or mortgage statement.
- If the parent and child live with a family member or friend, that person is to provide verification with a letter in addition to the above items.