The Concordia Parish School System understands the concern expressed by families, students and staff regarding the global outbreak of Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. The health and safety of students and staff is a priority of our schools.
CPSB is in communication with the Louisiana Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) about COVID-19. As the CDC has emphasized, there is not currently a Coronavirus pandemic in the United States.
According to the CDC, here are a few preventative steps to limit exposure and prevent the potential spread of respiratory viruses:
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after
going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 6-% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Please call your child's physician or health care provider if you suspect your child may have an illness.
More information about the COVID-19 virus can be found by clicking the links below: